Thursday, November 19, 2015

Respect everyone around you

There was a woman who worked at a meat factory. One day, while she was finishing her daily tasks, she went into the cold storage room, however unfortunately for her the door closed behind her and she was trapped in the room without any key or tools that could help her out. No matter how she shouted and knocked on the door as hard as she could, there was nobody who could hear her. Most of the workers have since gone home, and it was quite impossible to hear her from outside the cold storage room.

5 hours later, as she was in the last breath of her life, the factory security guard came to her rescue and opened the cold storage room door. She was fortunately saved from death on that day. The woman thanked the security guard and later asked him why did he happen to open the cold storage door on that day even though it was not part of his routine daily job.

The security guard answered, 'I have been working in this factory for 35 years. There are hundreds of workers that walk in and out everyday, but you are one of the few who will greet me in the morning and bid me goodbye at the end of the day as you leave, everyday. Most of them treat me as though I have never existed.

Today, just like usual when you came to work this morning, you greeted me with a simple 'Hello'. However this evening after working hours, I found it weird as I did not see you or hear a 'goodbye, see you tomorrow' from you. Hence I decided to check around the factory.

Everyday I hope to hear 'hi' and 'bye' from you, because you reminded me that I am still a human. As I have not heard the goodbye greeting from you today, I sensed that something might have happened. That is why I looked for you all around the factory.'

Lesson:
Be a humble, caring person and respect every person around you. Try to be an influence to any person through the journey of your life, as you never know what will happen in the future. Let this story be an inspiration.

No comments: