Tuesday, April 8, 2008

What I've learnt

I've learnt that if someone says something unkind about me,
I must live so that no one will believe it.

I've learnt that you can make someone's day
by simply sending them a little note.

I've learnt that the greater a person's sense of guilt,
the greater his or her needs to cast blame on others.

I've learnt that no matter what happens,
or how bad it seems today, life does go on,
and it will be better tomorrow.

I've learnt that motel mattresses are better
on the side away from the phone.

I've learnt that you can tell a lot about a man
by the way he handles these three things,
a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.

I've learnt that regardless of your relationship with your parents,
you'll miss them when they're gone from your life.

I've learnt that making a 'living'
is not the same thing as making a 'life'.

I've learnt that life sometimes gives you a second chance.

I've learnt that you should't go through life
with a catcher's mitt on both hands.
You need to be able to throw something back.

I've learnt that if you pursue happiness,
it will elude you.
But if you focus on your family, the needs of others, your work, meeting new people,
and doing the very best you can,
happiness will find you.

I've learnt that whenever I decide something with kindness,
I usually make the right decision.

I've learnt that even when I have pains,
I don't have to be one.

I've learnt that every day you should reach out and touch someone.
People love human touches - holding hands, a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back.

I've learn that I still have a lot to learn.

No comments: